Lübeck economy wants to promote cruise tourism
The popularity of the Hanseatic city of Lübeck with tourists at home and abroad has been increasing for years. With its historic city centre as a world heritage site, the former "Queen of the Hanseatic League" could be particularly interesting for tourists. The economy has now taken the initiative and the founded the association Lübeck Cruise to promote cruises. The aim is to increase the attractiveness of Lübeck port as a cruise location. The association wants to operate location marketing for this with cruise operators, and combine this with the acquisition of ship calling points. A further focus is raising awareness of the economic importance of cruise tourism in the region, amongst the public, the media and politics. The founding members are the IHK zu Lübeck, the Merchants League of Lübeck, the Lübecker Hafen-Gesellschaft mbH, Sparkasse zu Lübeck AG, Lübeck und Travemünde Marketing GmbH, Sartori & Berger GmbH & Co.KG and the Travemünde economic community. The Hanseatic city of Lübeck /Lübeck Port Authority also wants to get involved, however, a decision by the citizenship is required for this. Further companies and associations will follow shortly.
The promotional association wants to drive forward the cruise industry with the following focuses:
- Coordination of marketing for cruise activities in Lübeck,
- Consultation of cruise line shipping companies,
- Representation of the location at specialist trade fairs, sector networks and potential customers on site,
- PR in the region and in the specialist press, trade fair and event design,
- Development and maintenance of information for shipping companies/hosts and passengers (print, web, film and social media),
- Acquisition and monitoring of members of the promotional association
- Procurement of funding
- Monitoring and market research in the sector of cruises,
- Specialist lectures and
- Representation of cruise interests at public institutions in Lübeck (customs, police, authorities) both in new plans and in day to day business.